01 Oct 2013
African hospitality group Mangalis to invest €315m developing hotels in Africa
• The Group is set to invest in constructing more than 2,200 rooms and suites spread between 15 properties in 13 African countries.
• Mangalis is the 21st century African hospitality benchmark in terms of brands development and hotels management with a true international vision
• NOOM, NOOM RÉSIDENCES, SEEN and SEEN+ are new innovative hotel brands inspired by the African ‘joie de vivre’ and covering market segments from economy to upper-midscale.
Nairobi, 1st October 2013. Mangalis Management Group is the hospitality management arm of Inaugure Hospitality – group founded in 2011 by successful West African conglomerate Teyliom International. Teyliom International entered the African hospitality market in 2009, when it opened the Radisson Blu Dakar, a multi- award-winning property that demonstrated Teyliom’s ability to build and oversee the management of a successful hotel.
While Inaugure Hospitality Group is a forward-thinking investment group, Mangalis is its brands development and hotel management arm.
In spite of the shadows cast by latest terrorist event in Nairobi, the Group re-confirmed its business strategy of investing €315m in Africa. The different phases of the project comprise constructing more than 2,200 rooms and suites spread between 15 properties in 13 African countries.
In addition to constructing its own hotels to showcase their brands, by 2017, Mangalis objective is to be among the five largest hotels groups active in Africa reaching the 40+ properties milestone by management contracts, while being the industry undisputed benchmark in terms of products, innovation, quality of service and healthy growth.
The top executives’ team behind the project includes previous experience with Accor, Jumeirah, Ritz-Carlton, Mandarin Oriental and AC Hotels by Marriot.
Mangalis Management Group is set to be the 21st century African hospitality benchmark in terms of brands development and hotels management. The brands were designed specifically for the new travelers, covering the economy market segment with Seen and Seen+, as well as the upper-midscale segment with Noom Hotels and Noom Résidences. These new and innovative hotels are inspired by today’s Africa: attractive, modern, friendly, connected, open and exciting.
15 Noom, Noom Résidences, Seen and Seen+ hotels are currently being constructed under the Group ownership in several main cities of Africa.
Denis Sorin, CEO of Mangalis Management Group, underlines that ‘’The African flair and “joie-de vivre” are embedded into our brands values, while the level of operational standards made them ready to be exported in any part of the world where they will bring a fresh perspective. Mangalis Management Group is now the only Africa-born hospitality group that offers a comprehensive selection of well-designed brands inspired by Africa with a true international vision.”
Denis Sorin adds that “We believe that the African market has been poorly treated for far too long by regional and international groups, and we intend to bring true international standards and the highest quality of service to a market that is longing for it’’.
The success of Mangalis Management Group and its brands rests in its ground-breaking business model built on four main pillars: people first, innovation, streamline efficiency and social responsibility.
Because the hospitality industry is a people industry that works for people, Mangalis invests a lot in its workforce through the people first pillar. Innovation is at the core of the business model, while streamline efficiency ensures the best possible hotel management services. Mangalis aims at being recognized as a Citizen Company of reference, by placing corporate social responsibility at the heart of its operational standards.
As the Group development relies on Management Contracts as well, Mangalis is proposing to investors and hotels owners a never-offered before turn-key model and a comprehensive list of paths to success.
In order to ensure that Mangalis-developed brands keep their innovative edge, the Group implemented a distinctive Research & Development think-tank, MangalisLab. A thorough Sales & Revenue Management solution is backed by one of the most advanced loyalty programs available today on the international market, AvantGarde by Mangalis, in order to develop and ensure guests long-lasting fidelity.
Denis Sorin comments that ´´The brands developed by Mangalis Management Group aim at placing for the first time ever Africa on the world map of home-grown pioneering hospitality companies, and change the way guests, hoteliers and investors alike are doing business across the African continent and beyond.’’
About Mangalis Management Group
In July 2011 Inaugure Hospitality Group was created, followed shortly after by Mangalis Management Group with the objective of developing, continuously improving, implementing and managing new and exciting hospitality brands, such as Noom, Noom Résidences, Seen or Seen+.
Noom Hotels – Noom is the 21st century business hotel at its best.
Noom is an upper-midscale corporate focused brand that is the “place to be” in the busy business areas of all main cities and nearby major airports, where it is systematically conveniently located, with its iconic façade, its modern and attractive rooms, its great all-day-dining buffets featuring African flavors and great international delicacies, its regular events, and its well-trained and efficient staffs.
Noom Résidences is the offspring of the Noom brand offering an even higher value, featuring unique stylish-chic apartments developed specifically for the long-stay demanding traveler, within the elegant buildings of selected Noom Hotels.
Seen Hotels – Seen is the economy hospitality re-invented, the favorite destination of budget conscious travelers who expect more than a cheap room and low-cost service.
At the core of the Seen concept, along with its finger-licking 24hr food service, stays the most innovative, fashionable and relaxing always-connected room that you ever experienced in economy segment.
In addition to the stylish rooms, Seen+ offers designer junior-suites for those longer stays, as well as additional services and features such as an all-day dining restaurant offering gourmand buffets, a fitness center, a relaxing pool deck and bar, and much more.
More information – please contact:
Ioana Georgescu – Group Marketing Manager (email@example.com)
Landline: +34 931 720 190 / Mobile: + 34 639 155 860
Seraidi Chesney – Marketing Media Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Landline: +34 931 720 192
AHIF, Taking place in Nairobi 23-25 September 2013, is the premier hotel investment conference in Africa, attracting many prominent international hotel owners, investors, financiers, management companies and their advisers. The conference is also receiving support from the Kenyan government by way of sponsorship from the Kenya Tourist Development Corporation (KTDC) and the presence of the tourism minister Hon. Phyllis Kandie MP.
The speaker line up features government ministers from four countries and dozens of CEOs and board-level executives from the most important companies building and running hotels across the continent, including:
• Phyllis Kandie, Cabinet Secretary for East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism, Kenya
• Carvalho Muária, Minister of Tourism, Mozambique
• Dr Maria Mutagamba, Minister of Tourism, Uganda
• Jean Max Rakotomamonjy, Ministre du Tourisme Madagascar
• Simon Vincent, President EMEA, Hilton Worldwide
• Alex Kyriakidis, President & Managing Director, Middle East and Africa, Marriott International, Inc.
• Hervé Louis, Chief Finance Officer, ACCOR
• Ulrich T. Eckhardt, President India, Middle East & Africa, Kempinski Hotels
• Jean-Gabriel Pérès, President & CEO, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
• Ewan Cameron, Chief Executive Officer, Lonrho Hotels
• David Scowsill, President & CEO, World Travel & Tourism Council
• Patrick Fitzgibbon, Senior Vice President Development - Europe & Africa, Hilton Worldwide
• Samer Abu Ayash, Senior Vice President - Head of Design, Construction & Real Estate, Kingdom Hotel Investments
• Rui Barros, Senior Vice President & Managing Director EMEA, Wyndham Hotel Group
• Neil George, Senior Vice President, Acquisitions & Development Middle East & Africa, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
• Peter Norman, Senior Vice President Acquisitions & Development, Hyatt International (Europe Africa Middle East) LLC
• Taras Ettl, Vice President Development - Middle East & Africa, InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG)
• Bani Haddad, Regional Vice President - Middle East and Africa, Wyndham Hotel Group
• Marianne Ndegwa, Jordan, Managing Director, Kenya Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC)
• Rohan Patel, Director, Sankara Hotel Group Kenya Ltd
• Olaf Schmidt, Global Sector Head - Hotel, Retail & Real Estate Investments, IFC (International Finance Corporation - World Bank Group)
Confirmed sponsors are as follows: 2013 Host Partner: (KTDC) Kenya Tourist Development Corporation. Platinum Sponsors: ACCOR, Mangalis Management Group and Marriott International, Inc. Gold Sponsors: AECOM Design + Planning, Africa Export Import Bank, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, Colliers International, G1 Architecture, Golden Tulip, Grant Thornton, Hilton Worldwide, Horwath HTL, Hotel Partners Africa, Hyatt International LLC, HVS, IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), Kempinski Hotels, Lonrho Hotels, Moevenpick Hotels & Resorts, Ole-Sereni, Shapooji Pallonji International, Starwood Hotels and Restorts International, STR Global and Wyndham Hotel Group.
About Bench Events
In addition to the next Africa Hotel Investment Forum, Bench Events is one of the organisers and founders, alongside Questex Travel + Hospitality and MEED Events, of several well-known conferences for the hotel investment industry including Berlin (IHIF), Dubai (AHIC), Istanbul (CATHIC) and Moscow (RHIC). www.benchevents.com
For further information and high resolution images, please contact: David Tarsh, David@Tarsh.com +44 (0) 20 7602 5262, +44 (0) 7770 816 070, Susan Gikera, email@example.com, O: +254 020 425 000, M: +254 724 651 791 or Joanne Howell, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0) 7813 164 649.