30 Sep 2014
Worldhotels Enters into Sub-Saharan Africa
The international hotel group announces strategic partnership with the Azalaï Hotels Group
Frankfurt, 30th September 2014 – Worldhotels expands into Africa by joining forces with the Azalaï Hotels Group – the first African private hotel chain in West Africa. As part of the agreement, six Azalaï Hotels in Burkina Faso, Benin, Mali and Guinea-Bissau have joined Worldhotels’ global network of almost 500 hotels worldwide, taking advantage of the group’s 360° solution, which offers everything from technology to branding. Additional properties in Nouakchott, Abidjan and Dakar are anticipated to join Worldhotels’ portfolio when they open their doors in 2015 and 2016.
Worldhotels sees great potential in Sub-Saharan Africa – a region that is marked by substantial economic growth, which has translated into a rising tourism industry. Both business and leisure travel are accelerating and local hotel operators are increasingly looking for international partners to enhance their global exposure, without having hard standards imposed upon them. The partnership with the Azalaï Hotels Group marks a first and important step in Worldhotels’ strategic intention to expand into Africa, and the group is looking for further opportunities within the market.
Worldhotels’ distinctive range of business offerings, which are tailored to meet the needs of private hotel operators whilst allowing full operational freedom, was the reason why Mossadeck Bally, founder and CEO of Azalaï Hotels, selected the group as the preferred international partner for his hotels: “Besides offering us their classic affiliation model, Worldhotels also provided us with a technology-only solution for some of our hotels, which doesn’t require any dedicated sales or marketing support. For our pipeline projects we particularly trust in Worldhotels’ global exposure and 360° services to help us strengthen our position in the international market.”
“Azalaï Hotels stand for authentic African hospitality and we are genuinely proud to join forces with this locally and internationally recognised group”, comments Kristin Intress, CEO of Worldhotels. “Our strategic partnership is an important milestone, enabling us to accelerate our mutual growth and strengthen our brand positioning. We are particularly glad to expand the Worldhotels network to new destinations in the aspiring sub-Saharan market, offering our guests a greater selection of authentic hotels worldwide.”
Azalaï Hotels that have joined the Worldhotels portfolio are:
• Azalaï Hôtel Indépendance | Ouagadougou | Burkina Faso
• Azalaï Hôtel De La Plage | Cotonou | Benin
• Azalaï Grand Hôtel | Bamako | Mali
• Azalaï Hôtel Salam | Bamako | Mali
• Azalai Hôtel Dunia | Bamako | Mali
• Azalaï Hôtel 24 de Setembro | Bissau | Guinea-Bissau
+49 (0) 69 660 56 – 259
• Worldhotels is a global brand that brings together some of the world's most unique independent hotels. With the tagline “Where Discovery Starts” it targets savvy business and leisure travellers that seek an authentic and local experience when choosing a hotel. Worldhotels now offers almost 500 hotels in 250 destinations and 65 countries worldwide.
• With over 40 years of excellence in the industry, the company's mission is to provide access to 4 and 5 star hotels of character and distinction. Each hotel in the Worldhotels portfolio has been carefully selected to ensure it meets the group’s strict quality standards. Each hotel is measured against over 1,000 quality criteria every year.
• Guests can also earn points with the group’s own loyalty programme, Worldhotels Peakpoints (worldhotels-peakpoints.com), and redeem them for hotel vouchers. Alternatively, they can collect miles for eligible stays thanks to an extensive list of 26 frequent flyer programmes of the world's premier international carriers. Air France, Cathay Pacific, Lufthansa, United Airlines are just some of the partners that make earning miles with Worldhotels easy.
• Through a comprehensive range of services that includes global marketing, sales, training, e-commerce and state-of-the-art distribution and technology, Worldhotels backs independent hotels with the power of a global brand while allowing them to retain their individual character and identity. In addition to its classic “affiliation model”, the group offers independent hotels a soft franchise branding solution which is the perfect alternative to standard franchise contracts.
For reservations or information, visit worldhotels.com. Images are available in the “news & press” section of worldhotels.com or from firstname.lastname@example.org.
For most recent news, follow Worldhotels on Facebook and Twitter.
About Azalaï Hotels Group:
As the first West African group of hotels, Azalaï Hotels Group (AHG) has always been a regional leader in the hospitality industry, and it is now fast becoming an international force.
With over 20 years of experience, the Mali-based company is focused on meeting the growing needs of its customers by continuously enhancing its high-quality service, meticulously upgrading its properties and soundly managing its growing portfolio.
The Azalaï Hotels Group currently operates seven hotels in Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau and Benin and the company has vast expansion plans expecting to invest $ 165 million across the region in the next 4 years in order to capture the rising demand from the business travel sector. Upcoming projects include hotel launches in Nouakchott, Mauritania; Abidjan, Ivory Coast; Selingue. Mali, Dakar, Senegal; Niamey, Niger and Conakry, Guinea.
The Azalaï name refers to the camel trains led by nomads, transporting raw salt from Taoudenit to riverports in the Sahel. These caravans have long been renowned for their traditions of outstanding hospitality and generosity.
Azalaï Hotels, L'Afrique vous acceuille.
For reservations or information, visit azalaihotels.com or contact the Marketing and Sales department at email@example.com or +223 +223 44 90 01 83. For most recent news, follow Azalaï Hotels Group on Facebook: https://fr-fr.facebook.com/azalaihotels.